Tuesday, October 10, 2017

PHILADELPHIA'S OUTFEST A HIT

Over the weekend, yours truly decided to go downtown to Philadelphia's annual Outfest celebration, which is probably almost now as big in attendance as the gay pride festival. I personally like it more, because of the time of year, and get us out and about to enjoy the fall weather...not to mention, if you are thinking of coming out, what a good time to do so, with so many out, and think of it as your own personal coming out party!  While no one should be forced out, I do feel it is more important as ever to be a strong community, stick together and come out, and not get suppressed by the government to push us back in the closet. We are out in numbers now. I have never been in a closet... and don't intend to be put in one!!!

Did you know the largest National Coming Out Day event takes place right here in Philadelphia? That’s right! This year it took over the Gayborhood of Philadelphia in Midtown and then some, Outfest celebrates Philadelphia’s LGBT history and LGBT community.  Now in its 27th year, the block party — spanning MORE then a dozen full blocks — consists of drag shows, games, bar crawls, music and shopping. A main stage hosted live entertainment of all sorts all day long, bringing entertainment that in the past has spanned from high-heel races to belly dance shows to award ceremonies.
Throughout the festival grounds, a number of outdoor bars and dance parties continue the spirit of the event all throughout the Gayborhood.  It is truly dancing in the streets and it's a good feeling.
Some of the streets were even converted to yellow brick roads.

The Stoli didn't stuck me in...but the boys sure did!!!

Mistress Maddie#1 Fan's shirt set the tone.
Donald, your an asshole.
Meanwhile even Jesus came and showed his support with Philly grande dame, Brittany-Lynne.

How do you not love this kiss right in front of the protesters???

Caught up with the lovely Philadelphia scenster, the Mahogany Empress and friend.

Ahhhhhh, young love.......

  After a few hours of the festivities, we went for an early dinner and cock-a-tails at the very hip and trendy Graffiti Bar!
The food was delish.... and your Mistress has finally taken to drinking out of fish bowls!!!! But worry not, I didn't request a fishbowl...it's their legendary way of serving drinks. And who was I too argue?

I had a lovely libation called a Twisted Scorpion.
One was all I needed. 
I do remember though, it was lovely day to be OUT!

27 comments:

  1. We were there for Outfest a couple years back, and almost came this past Sun. Glad its growing more popular each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the most packed yet, and the weather wasn't the best. Overcast and very sticky. But a nice, fun relaxed time.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all!
    (except the protestors... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those protesters had no sense of humor. I asked a cute one if I could buy him a drink. Was it something I said????

      Delete
  3. I though the yellow bricks roads,were a nice touch this year.....and it was packed!!!!!!! Of course cutie, the nicest assets I saw were yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl, you are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

      Delete
    2. And we await Gorilla to say something of the jahoobies.

      Delete
  4. MM #1 fan has got it going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked like so much fun, and I love MM #1's t-shirt. It says "Donald is an asshole".

    I need one that says Hey, Donald. Chinga tu madre, cabron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great afternoon, and a great reason to come out and be among your community. More than ever a good time to be united. Half of one of those drinks would have had me on the floor Mistress. A FISHBOWL!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised we don't have a huge festival here. MM#1 Fan's shirt is great, as is that epic hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun day,with friends and the community. Would love to have see the look on the protesters faces when they saw Jesus! The Graffiti Bar look cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus was committing acts all over the festival. He really got around. And the protesters had no sense of humor.

      Delete
  9. yes, we will meet on day! This was the first year I went with friends. I couldn't believe how many people there was and how many blocks it went for. Like I also said....never saw so many hot men in a city!!! Fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I lived in Philly, I always enjoyed the Outfest more so than the pride event. Love the yellow brick roads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like so much fun, probably because you were the host. The San Francisco Gay Pride is so grimly determined not to offend anyone that the "fun" seems completely forced. This one sounds much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You on to something tootes. I have always thought this event is more fun and laid back. I don't go every year, so maybe that could be part of it. The old gray mare aint what she used to be....some days.

      Delete
  12. Great song to sum up the day. And it went on till around midnight. I only live a few block from the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mm#1Fan is alright in my book. Cute too! What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a great celebration. It should now be celebrating "normalcy." Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice festival. They didn't have such an event or day when I came out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your number one fan looks like quite a catch!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!